Dear Supporters of Freedom From Fear,
On behalf of myself and the staff at FFF, I wish to thank you for your support in 2016 to help continue our important work. The mission of Freedom From Fear is to impact, in a positive way, the lives of all those affected by anxiety, depressive and related disorders through advocacy, education, research and community support. It is with the support of individuals like yourself that we are able to continue to offer valuable programs to people suffering with mental illnesses and the family and friends who love and care for them.
There are many activities and outreach programs that were spearheaded by FFF in 2016. We are very proud of our efforts and have listed below a sampling of some of the work we accomplished this past year. There are never enough services for those suffering with mental illnesses in this country and throughout the world. Much of the work is done by non-profit organizations, such as FFF, which is made possible through the generosity of people like you. Once again, thank you.
SOME 2016 ADVOCACY ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- FFF provided treatment sessions to over 10,000 child, adolescent, and adult patients.
- FFF provided assessments and treatment plans for nearly 500 new patients.
- Continued to successfully raise money for the Eric Peselow, MD/Joel Tricarico, MD Memorial Fund.
- Provided services and guidance for school personnel.
- Provided educational DVD’s and materials to over 400 individuals and organizations throughout the United States.
- Provided referral services and guidance for individuals throughout the United States who contacted the office.
- Provided free educational lectures by professional clinicians to members of the Staten Island community.
- Provided support to the Staten Island National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI), which meets at FFF every week.
- Provided internship opportunities for 10 students at both graduate and undergraduate levels.
- Provided more than 400 holiday gifts for the inpatient population at South Beach Psychiatric Center.
Thank you for making my dreams of providing help and guidance to individuals who suffer from mental illness come true all these years. I am awed and humbled at the success. If it was not for you, Freedom From Fear would not be as successful as it is today. As Edwin Markham once said, “There is a destiny that makes us brothers, No one goes his way alone; All that we send into the lives of others, Comes back into our own.”
FEATURED ARTICLES IN MINDFUL MATTERS:
Mindful Matters are articles and stories about a wide range of mental health concerns contributed by licensed mental health professionals
What Everyone Should Know About Sleep
While most of us take a good night’s sleep for granted, many adults and children suffer from different types of sleep disorders. Sleep is essential to our health and not only does the quantity of sleep matter, but also the quality of it is important as well. Feeling well rested and being able to function the next day depends on the total sleep time and how much of the various stages of sleep you get each night. Cutting back sleep...
(Click on the link above to continue reading the first part of our sleep series)
Domestic Violence and Media
Mindfulness and Meditation: Question and Answer
If you would like to make a donation to Freedom From Fear, to be used to help improve the lives of those suffering from mental illnesses, please donate here: http://www.freedomfromfear.org/Donate.en.html
Freedom From Fear is a national not-for-profit mental health advocacy organization. Mary Guardino founded FFF in 1984 as an outgrowth of her own personal experiences having suffered from anxiety and depressive illnesses for more than 25 years. The mission of FFF is to impact, in a positive way, the lives of all those affected by anxiety, depressive and related disorders through advocacy, education, research and community support.